The Green Bay Packers are one of the most popular teams on the NFL betting market, and that’s not likely to change after winning six straight games to take down the NFC North title. The Packers now get to play at home during Wild Card Weekend as they’ll host the New York Giants this Sunday, kicking off at 4:40 PM ET on FOX.
Green Bay opened as a 4-point favourite before moving to –4.5 in early action. The total opened at 45 points but has dropped to 44.5 at most shops online and in Vegas.
Bet on football at Bovada and get a free 100% bonus.
Offense vs. Defense
This will be a classic matchup between the offensive-minded Packers (10-6 SU, 9-6-1 ATS) and the defensively-stout Giants (11-5 SU, 9-6-1 ATS).
Packers’ Quarterback Aaron Rodgers enjoyed another Pro Bowl-quality season for Green Bay, throwing an NFL-best 40 touchdown passes with just seven interceptions, 15 of those touchdown passes during the Packers’ winning streak down the stretch. The 33-year-old is coming off his second straight four-TD performance in Sunday’s 31-24 victory over Detroit and was rewarded with the conference Player of the Month award.
New York’s defense was second in the league with only 15 touchdown passes allowed, and tied for fifth overall at 10 rushing touchdowns. The Giants allowed a total of just 42 points in winning three of their last four games of the regular season.
Neither team is very good on the other side of the ball though. Green Bay’s defense hasn’t been the same this year without cornerback Sam Shields (concussion), and Giants quarterback Eli Manning had yet another nondescript season with 26 touchdown throws and 16 picks. Manning has won eight of his last nine playoff starts, but he completed just 18-of-35 passes for 199 yards in a 23-16 loss to Green Bay on Oct. 9.
Sunday’s forecast calls for clear skies over Lambeau Field and temperatures in the mid-teens with a light breeze.
Ricky Tran is on an impressive 45-30 (60%) run over his last 75 NFL picks! Join the same handicapper that has made $1,000/game bettors $9,270 since October 03, 2016.
- Giants are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 playoff road games.
- Giants are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 playoff games.
- Giants are 5-1-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Packers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Packers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Wildcard games.
- Packers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Under is 4-0 in Giants last 4 Wildcard games.
- Under is 4-0 in Giants last 4 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 7-1 in Giants last 8 games overall.
- Over is 4-0 in Packers last 4 games overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Packers last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 10-4 in Packers last 14 home games.
- Giants are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.
- Home team is 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.
- Giants are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings in Green Bay.